I grew up with Harry Potter. He was probably the first boy I loved (besides my father!). I remember eagerly awaiting the next book to come out, and re-reading the entire series the week before the newest book was released. My first Harry Potter book has been used so much that the cover has fallen off! Thankfully, the rest of the books I bought are hardcover 🙂
Then the books turned into movies, and while it’s not the same, they were just as magical to me. So magical in fact, that I bought the Harry Potter Wizarding Collection two years ago. It’s probably my most prized possession, along with my Harry Potter books. Each time we move, those are the first things I look for and unpack!
So, you see, Harry Potter means a great to me. It taught me a lot about friendship, loyalty, and growing up. Sounds strange, I know, but other Harry Potter nerds will totally understand me. Anyway, I talk about Harry Potter a lot, especially among friends (and those talks often turn into heated debates), and I love it so much I incorporated it into my new brand.
I figured today I’d share with you 10 things I LOVE about Harry Potter!
- HAGRID. He’s seriously the most adorable character in this series, and I love him! Not only is he sweet, but he’s kind and caring, and is loyal to those closest to him, but he stands up for what he believes is right and always loves to help!
- PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL. She’s such a bad-ass. I wish my students had the same respect for me, that the students at Hogwarts have for Minerva McGonagall. She’s a force to be reckoned with! Blazing smart, strict, yet funny.
- THE OTHERS. I love how there are SO many people who love Harry Potter just as much as I do! I can literally talk for days about Harry Potter, especially with other people who can do the same!
- JK ROWLING. Did you know that more than 20 publishers turned her away with her first book – Harry Potter and the Sorceror’s Stone? They didn’t think it would be successful. I bet they’re all kicking themselves now. I love the success story, when JK Rowling was writing her stories on napkins to having such an incredible series published!
- QUALITY. The stories are just straight up written very well! The language isn’t repetitive, and it’s easy to follow along with and is just so descriptive! It’s amazing! So many details flow from one book to the next. It’s incredible that she was able to carry those on flawlessly!
- CHARACTERS. The characters throughout these books are just SO relatable! It’s easy for anyone to identify with one or more of the characters in this series because they go through real life, and for those who grew up with the series, we grew up with those characters and went through all the same awkward stages!
- LIFE LESSONS. There are so many lessons about life and good vs. evil. Every person has a little bit of both inside them, and it’s never just black and white. Let’s not forget about all the infinite nuggets of wisdom from Dumbledore!
- REALITY. I love how it makes you think about your own life, and helps you to appreciate the little things!
- BONDS. The connection you make with the characters as you read through the stories is something that never goes away. Each time I read the series I notice something new and feel like I’m catching up with old friends.
- HERMIONE. She’s just the best 🙂 That’s all there is to it!