Any business owner should be reading business books each month if they are serious about being successful. I get off and on this wagon a lot, and lately, it’s been MUCH easier to stay on the wagon with the help of audiobooks!
If you know me, you know that I ADORE reading, and like to spend as much time possible curled up with a good book. Business books tend to cut into that precious reading time and sometimes I avoid that. With a full time job, it’s hard to make room for everything that I want to accomplish in my business. With that being said, I take education very seriously and know that in order for my business to get to the point where it can support my family, I NEED to be working on learning and being inspired all the time!
A couple of years ago, I bought about 20 business books that had been recommended by other business owners. The plan was to read them all in one year. I’ve only made it through half of them. I’m doing better than I thought, but I didn’t reach my goal. I also have more books on my wishlist that I’d like to read through as well!
Here is where audiobooks come in! It has changed my life, haha. Until I get caught up on the books I have here, I use audible to listen to the books I have in print while I’m driving around in the car. Then, when I get home I can quickly scan the print copies and take some notes. It takes up much less time and is a more useful way to spend my commutes!
The reasons audiobooks are great:
- I use Audible, and the monthly fee for a credit is typically cheaper than what it would cost to buy the audiobook outright.
- You can download them to your phone to be listened to at any time! I primarily listen to them in the car when I’m running errands or going to work or traveling to weddings!
- They take up less physical space which is nice for someone like me who has more books than I know what to do with in terms of storage!
- It’s easy to go back and re-listen to different parts of it.
- If the books are read by the authors, you get a lot of cool, extra pieces of information because they often go off script and add in more insight!
Basically, I’ve gotten a lot out of using audiobooks, and I think that everyone who is a business owner should take advantage of such a powerful tool!!