I am a BIG believer of doing engagement sessions with the same photographer you have hired to photograph your wedding! I have had couples who have already had engagement sessions done still do them with me, and I have had couples from out of state do their engagement session just a couple of days before their wedding date. I offer complimentary engagement sessions to ALL my couples, and here are 5 reasons why:
- Get lots of practice! An engagement session is a great way to figure out how to be in front of a camera! For a lot of people, their engagement photos are the first time they’ve had professional photos taken, and it makes them nervous! It’s nice to get over those nerves and relax before your wedding day!
- You get to know your photographer! Through the engagement session, everyone gets to know everyone! It eliminates that awkward first date feel that you would otherwise have at your wedding! Also, by doing these photos together you get to really ensure that you and your photographer are a good match!
- You get a better feel for the types of photos you’ll receive. Doing these photos gives you a better idea of what kind of images you’ll be getting from your photographer after your wedding is over! That way there’s no surprises!
- Fun locations! You get to choose a different location that still has meaning for you and your significant other that you may not get to experience on your wedding day!! And, you get to dress up however you want for them!
- Immense value. You just get SO much out of an engagement session that it just makes sense to do one if you photographer offers it! Even if you have to pay for a session, I think you’ll find that the benefit far outweighs the cost!