I tried a new meal recently from one of my new cookbooks (the Gluten Free Bible – I’m not gluten free, but it just has some straight up killer recipes in this thing). I made cajun chicken with homemade rice that had spices, and peppers mixed in. My first attempt at a meal like this, and it was pretty dang good! However, the night before I had made a 13×9 dish of brownies. I realized that in order to make the cajun chicken meal, I needed that 13×9 dish.
The only logical step was to eat all of the brownies, wash the dish, and then I’d have it free to make my amazing new dinner. I was willing to take one for the team. I started to eat some brownies and decided that this probably wasn’t the best choice in order to maintain my current state of feeling awesome. Sadly, I asked my sister to transfer the remaining brownies to a different dish, and we proceeded to make dinner.
Excuse the iPhone photo, but you know what they say – the best camera you have is the one you have on you!
This week’s NAYS go to..
- Not having a stomach of steel that would allow me to eat a 13×9 dish of brownies AND dinner and not get sick afterwards.
- Shoveling for two consecutive nights, and then going out the following mornings to find that apparently we didn’t shovel the previous night. Therefore, more shoveling must commence in order to get out of the driveway.
- Netflix. It keeps me glued to the couch for hours, and I just can’t get away. Gilmore Girls – why you so good?!
This week’s YAYS go to….
- Having a delayed start on Monday. Best snowy drive I’ve had all year.
- Brownies. It’s like the universe smiles down on me whenever I make these. SO yummy!
- Mists of Avalon. Less than 200 pages to go! This book keeps me coming back for more, and I’m so pumped to see how it ends!