It’s always a little intimidating to have your picture taken… even if it’s just a photo on a phone that our friend is taking, we still want to look nice! Therefore, getting in front of a professional camera can be pretty intimidating! For a lot of my couples, their engagement session is their first time having photos taken of them officially! After having my own photos taken several times by professionals with Steven, one of the most stressful things – hands down – is picking out what to wear! So, here are some tips to help you out!
- Don’t try to MATCH. Try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead.
- Don’t be afraid to be BOLD! Accessorize and make your outfits your own! Scarves, bold necklaces, and fun shoes are always welcomed!
- MOST patterns are actually okay! Just make sure it’s not overwhelming and distracting (avoid clothing that has thin stripes really close together!).
- Empty your pockets! Literally. You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets!
- Clean the ring! I love to shoot a few ring shots while you change outfits! The cleaner the better!
- Most often, couples like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then one outfit that is dressier! This will give your shoot two totally different looks!
- Make sure you’re COMFORTABLE in what you’re wearing! And ladies, if the top is super low cut, that will limit the number of angles I can shoot from!
- BE ON TIME! The sun is only out for so long! The later you arrive, the less time we have to shoot! And nobody wants that!
- Relax!! You DON’T have to be a pro at this! I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast! Enjoy this time together and make a date of it! Plan dinner afterwards and celebrate!!