If you’ve been following along for a while, you know that I LOVE to read. Like, I get a little cranky if I go too long without reading. I try to always have a book with me wherever I go, because you never know when you’ll get an opportunity to read instead of scrolling on your phone!
At the start of 2018 I put together a list of 16 books that I wanted to read. These were all what I classify as “life-giving” books, and I have never had so much interest in reading non-fiction before! Well, I wanted to give you a little update on how it went!
I read a total of 21 books in 2018! 12 of them were from the list I created and the other 9 books were all “extra-curricular” books! I found myself mixing in some fiction in between some of the non fiction books and it was so awesome! I love all the books I read this past year and I shared some thoughts on a fair amount of them here on my blog. So, although I didn’t blog about each of the 21 books (maybe I’ll finish blogging them this year!), I want you to know I definitely recommend ALL of them! I definitely feel like I’m a better person for having read them.
So, without further ado, here is the list of books I successfully read (in no particular order) in 2018!
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington
- The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Loving My Actual Life by Alexandra Kuykendall
- Make It Happen by Lara Casey
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst
- If You Find This Letter by Hannah Brencher
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst
- For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Origin by Dan Brown
- The Happiest Toddler on the Block by Dr. Harvey
- See Me by Nicholas Sparks
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- The Cyclops Initiative by David Wellington
- A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
Have you read of these books before? Are there any I should add to my list for 2019?!
Linda is a Boston-based photographer specializing in weddings and creating family legacies. You can see more of her work online at lindabarryphotography.com, on Instagram, or on Facebook. If you want to reach out directly: email@example.com. To sign up for the monthly newsletter full of encouragement and real life, click here!