You could say I’m a dreamer. On a very regular basis, I have these new desires for certain experiences in life. I want to be the very best I can be, but unfortunately, I never will be because my own personal standard of being my best is forever changing. I think that’s a good thing. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I want my life to mean, and what I want to get out of it. After all, this is my LIFE. I only get one shot.
One aspect of my life that I’ve been really excited about is my photography business. When I tell people I have nine weddings this year, and they say how great that is, I’ve stopped saying “Yeah, but I wish I had more.” Instead, I’m saying “I know! I’m super excited and am very thankful for what I’ve been able to accomplish.” I’m taking it a little easier on myself, embracing the positives, simplifying my life and dreaming big.
Thus, the Big Hairy Dreams.
- Photograph an international wedding.
- Be able to support at least 50% of my family’s finances from my business by the end of 2016.
- Consistently have 15-20 weddings a year.
- Have an OFFICE.
- Have a promo video.
- Photograph a proposal.
- Hire a graphic designer to re-do my brand and my business. I have big ideas, but no way to make them come to life yet.
- Promo video! They look like so much fun!
- Be a full time photographer and a stay-at-home mom.
- Be a guest blogger on some photography blog.
- Attend WPPI. Just once, that’s all I ask! 🙂
- Host a workshop.
- Be a part of a styled shoot.
- Photograph a wedding in all 50 states.
- Have a wedding featured in a print publication.
- Attend a Jasmine Star Workshop.
- Do a Katelyn James Coaching session.
Maybe someday I’ll do a “Big Hairy Dreams” post about my personal desires in life!