March was a whirlwind. I started a temporary six-week teaching gig for the Cambridge School of Weston outside of Boston, so I spent a significant amount of time prepping for that class and getting childcare all lined up.
Lily, James, and I all tested positive for Covid, so that really put a damper on things and definitely slowed us (well, me) down. The kids were pretty mild, but I was down for the count. It was a rough time, and I think the hardest part for Lily during quarantine was not being able to see her friends. So thankful for FaceTime and Skype during times like this!!
I can’t believe we’re already five months into loving this sweet boy. He continues to be mellow, the happiest, and just such a light. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of seeing him and Lily together. I’m so so grateful that I’ve had all this time so far with him at home!
Well, here’s an update on our sweet fam!
- Lily continues to give James ZERO personal space. Thankfully, he doesn’t seem to mind.
- James has started rolling over! This meant that we had to re-arrange my room so that I could move him into the pack-and-play for his bed! He’s a champ at rolling over and is always doing it!
- He’s also working so hard to get up on his hands and knees. He does this adorable little inchworm scoot to move himself forward, and he’s still trying to figure that out!
- James is getting better at taking the bottle, but it’s still not great.
- Which leads us to this – he’s started to eat solids and is LOVING it!
- We spent 21 hours outside in March, and that felt like a win since we were quarantined for 10 of those days!
- James’ favorite game right now is “red light, green light.”
- He’s found his feet and I love watching him play with them and try to stick them in his mouth, haha.
- He’s babbling and talking and laughing all the time. He’s also figured out the fake cough, and even that is adorable.
- Lily has hit a stride with her balance bike and now rides it ALL OVER the neighborhood! In the past, she would essentially get to the end our driveway and decide she was done. But not anymore! She’s doing SO well and I love it! It also helps me get in a faster pace walk while I keep up with her! I think she might be ready for her pedal bike soon!
- We got to have a fun visit with Nana and Papa!
- Our friends from Boston came up for a visit and it was the sweetest. My heart needed that so much.
- Grammy has been coming down and staying with us while I teach on Fridays, and it’s been so fun! Lily is learning so much more sign language!
Here are some of my faves from this month!
Linda is a Portland-based photographer specializing in weddings and creating family legacies from Portland to Boston and across New England. You can see more of her work online at lindabarryphotography.com, on Instagram, or on Facebook. If you want to reach out directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.